Building Commission Members
If you are planning a building project in your parish and are wondering where to begin, please refer to the Building & Renovation Guidelines & Flowchart to assist you if you are considering a major capital expenditure.
Approval from the Bishop is required for:
- Purchase of property or buildings.
- Any project involving worship space (including organs, lighting, sound systems, etc.)
- Any project involving renovation of educational facilities.
- Any project involving removal of asbestos.
- Any project involving boiler replacement.
- Any project involving roof replacement.
- Any other building or renovation project costing over $15,000
If you need to finance your project through the Inter Parish Deposit & Loan Program, you will need to submit a Loan Application Form after your project has been approved. You will find the Maximum Loan and Term Amounts on page 8 of the Building & Renovation Guidelines Booklet.
Other helpful documents include Allowable Duties for Volunteers and Minimum Insurance Requirements for 3rd Party Vendors.
Building Commission Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month beginning at 11:30 a.m. at the Center for Ministry. You may contact Amy Nietling if you would like to schedule a present your building project proposal to the Building Commission.
You may contact Tim Muter for assistance with any building or renovation project of a diocesan building within the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw.