Saginaw — The Most Rev. Joseph R. Cistone has named 19 members to serve on a Diocesan Planning Commission that will assist in the significant undertaking, Planning Tomorrow’s Parishes. Planning Tomorrow’s Parishes is a strategic planning process designed to engage parishioners to assess the state of churches across the 11-county Diocese of Saginaw and develop recommendations for future parish life.
Planning Tomorrow’s Parishes utilizes a grassroots-style approach to planning that involves representation from each parish community across the diocese. The planning commission will be asked to study, evaluate and make recommendations to Bishop Cistone based on data provided by each parish.
The commission is comprised of priests, religious sisters and lay men and women who have been appointed by Bishop Cistone. They are:
• Sister Gail Addis, IHM, Bay City
• Mrs. Gayle Blaxton, Shepherd
• Rev. Daniel Fox, OFMCap, Sanford
• Rev. Robert Gohm, Bay City
• Rev. Robert Howe, Bad Axe
• Mr. John Hunt, Bad Axe
• Mr. James Jaime, Saginaw
• Mr. Gregory Jarmolowicz, Croswell
• Rev. Richard Jozwiak, Saginaw
• Mr. John Kunitzer, Saginaw
• Rev. Thomas McNamara, Saginaw
• Ms. Jeanette Neitzel, Bay City
• Mrs. Deborah Oglenski, Harbor Beach
• Mrs. Lyn Pajk, Midland
• Mr. Lawrence Schmitz, Breckenridge
• Deacon Michael Smith, Weidman
• Rev. Thomas Sutton, Auburn
• Rev. Christian Tabares, Coleman
• Rev. William Taylor, Saginaw
The full parish planning guide, including project goals, key participants, and a detailed timeline is available online by clicking here.